|Mathematics is a universal language that explains the currents of the ocean, string theory, the spiral of a snail’s shell or the growth of a fern. When you study pure and applied mathematics, you enter a field that has both a rich history and many future career possibilities. As a mathematician, you’ll design and analyze mathematical models and develop systems for testing and evaluation. In essence, you will use mathematics to find creative solutions for systems such as communications, software development, encryption technologies, banking and drug testing.
Through labs and lectures, you will learn to use professional software tools for mathematics and data analysis applications. You’ll also learn to think in the abstract and fine-tune your analytical skills.
After graduation, students have the knowledge and skill to design and analyze mathematical systems in any number of scientific or business fields. This program is designed to prepare students for graduate studies.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
Quebec CEGEP: 24 overall, 24 math and science
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 – Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Wave, Optics and Modern Physics – General Chemistry and Chemistry of Solutions – General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts.
High School: B- overall, B- in math and science
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
Quebec CEGEP: 24 overall, 24 math
High School: B- overall, B- math
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.