|Modern scientific psychology studies brain processes and behaviour — both human and animal — under various conditions. Psychologists study the relationships between the brain and behaviour: the processes that determine how we learn to speak, create and keep memories, or respond to stress. When you study psychology, you examine the internal and external factors that influence development, cognition, perception and motivation.
All Psychology students follow a core psychology curriculum. Regardless of your program you’ll also:
- Receive fundamental training in statistics and research methods
- Learn the basic principles of behavioural neurobiology
- Study the history of psychology
A Psychology degree opens many doors; specialization or honours students may choose to work as a psychologist, therapist, or pursue graduate studies or medical research. Students majoring in Psychology can complement their studies in other fields such as business, communications or education.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 30
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 – Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Wave, Optics and Modern Physics – General Chemistry and Chemistry of Solutions – General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts.
High School: B+ overall, B+ in math/sciences
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
Quebec CEGEP: 30
High School: B+
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.