|This undergraduate program is offered to expert speakers of English who have a completed undergraduate degree and an interest in teaching ESL. The program does not lead to provincial certification but it provides an excellent training in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).
Who should apply?
The TESL Certificate is designed primarily for those who wish to teach overseas or in private language schools. It is also appropriate for certified teachers who would like to know more about the teaching of English as a second language and perhaps teach ESL in addition to another subject such as history or math.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- have a first university degree with a good academic record.
- complete a program-specific application
- complete a 45-minute English Composition Placement Test (ECPT) with satisfactory grade
- provide reference/Assessment forms
See the program page on our website for more details.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
|All applicants need to take an English Composition Placement test, fill out an additional information application form, and send 2 letters of recommendations and reference forms. See the department's website for more details.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.