Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|School:||Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Architecture
|Field of Study:||Environmental Science
|Description:||Environmental Science extends beyond the traditional science disciplines to terrestrial, aquatic and atmospheric biotic and abiotic systems and their interactions. Graduate with an in-depth knowledge of environmental systems and the breadth and context in which these systems operate.
Develop a range of expertise necessary to address present and future environmental problems. Based in northern Ontario the program draws on world class environmental research and community work, most notably in the fields of northern freshwater ecology, reclamation of industrially damaged land and lakes, environmental protection, and responsible development.
|URL:||Environmental Science at Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Environmental Impact Analysts||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- 2 of Grade12 Science or Grade12 Mathematics
Either 2 sciences or 1 science + 1 math (Note: Grade 12 4U Biology and Chemistry are advised.)
Ontario secondary school students who apply for admission to first year at Laurentian University must present an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), as well as at least six grade 12 4U/4M courses (as specified in each program listing) with the minimum grade requirements. For additional information regarding admission prerequisites, contact our Admissions Office at 1-800-263-4188 or 705-675-4843.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 80] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 230] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.