Saint Mary's University
|School:||Saint Mary's University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts/Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Mathematics, General
|Description:||Mathematics shapes the way we interact with and perceive almost every aspect of society and the natural world. Mathematics is a fundamental science that can be applied in countless ways to support careers in science, business, economics, and the arts. This rigorous program offers students a comprehensive understanding of mathematics from both theoretical and applied perspectives. With small class sizes and outstanding access to faculty, our students learn and study in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our faculty have received national and international recognition for their ongoing research in pure and applied mathematics.
Students have the option to major in mathematics through the Science degree program (B.Sc.) or the Arts degree program (B.A.). The math program requirements are the same for both degrees. The Co-op program in Mathematics, which is only offered through the Bachelor of Arts stream, is designed for students who wish to gain relevant work experience while attending university.
|URL:||Mathematics (B.Sc.) at Saint Mary's University
|Cost per year:*||
There is an additional fee for Co-operative Education ($489.70 per work term for Nova Scotia residents and $618.00 per work term for out-of-province Canadians).
|Careers:||Mathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Computer and Information Science
Bachelor of Arts: Five additional academic Grade 12 courses are also required.
Bachelor of Science: Pre-Calculus 12 or Calculus 12; one academic 12 science course (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Computer Programming); and two additional academic 12 courses.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or CanTEST [min. 4.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that you have the English language skills necessary to be successful in Saint Mary’s University degree programs.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.