|Physics is the study of how matter and energy interact in our everyday lives. Our experienced teachers and researchers will provide you with hands-on training that emphasizes problem solving, and the most advanced technology and mathematical methods.
As a Physics student, you will be exposed to cutting-edge information on the following topics:
- Mechanics and Gravitation
- Lasers and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Quantum Mechanics
- Solid State Physics
- Medical Physics
Our program fulfills a broad, comprehensive understanding of the basic laws of Nature. We encourage a multidisciplinary education and the flexibility to combine your Physics degree with a Co-operative Education option, or additional studies in Mathematics, Geology, Biomedical Physics and Education.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; Gr. 12 U English and 5 additional Gr. 12 U or M credits (including prerequisite courses). A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management or Grade12 Physics
Program Specific Prerequisites: English (ENG4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), 2 from: Biology (SBI4U), Calculus & Vectors (MCV4U), Chemistry (SCH4U), Data Management (MDM4U), Earth & Space Science (SES4U), or Physics (SPH4U), 2 additional grade 12 U/M courses
For more information, please visit: lakeheadu.ca/admissions.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Application Notes : ||For a full listing of English Language Proficiency Requirements and accepted tests with minimum scores, please visit:
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.