Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|School:||Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Faculty:||Science and Environmental Studies
|Field of Study:||Geology/Earth Science, General
|Description:||Geology is a qualitative science that combines elements of physics, chemistry, biology and other sciences to study the Earth, the processes that make up the Earth, and the history of our planet. As a student in the program you will:
- Examine rocks, minerals, and sediment
- Study environmental hazards
- Explore elements that make up the planets and moons in our solar system
- And learn much more about our Earth's 4.5 billion-year history
Our location amidst the Canadian Shield functions as an outdoor lab and classroom. Our faculty regularly holds classes outside and organizes field trips and extended field schools to take advantage of the superior environment and give you practical training that is highly valued by the industry from day one.
|URL:||Geology at Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Cost per year:*||
The tuition cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Careers:||Managers in Natural Resources Production and FishingGeologistsPaleontologists||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; Grade 12 U English, 1 Credit in Grade 12 U Math, and 4 Additional Grade 12 U or M Credits. A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
Applicants whose first language is not English will need to satisfy Lakehead University’s English language proficiency requirements. Applicants can complete one of the following recognized language tests with the required minimum scores: TOEFL PBT-550, CBT-213, or iBT-80; IELTS-6.5; MELAB-85; CAEL-60.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.