|Designed to train students for a wide range of employment opportunities in the natural resources management field. Emphasizes the interrelationships among natural resources including forests, fish, and wildlife and is designed to provide technical skills required by technicians in the use and management of =renewable natural resources.
Graduates are prepared for employment as technicians with government and private agencies involved in wildlife, fisheries, forest research, and management or as natural resource officers. Environmental consultants also seek graduates for work in a variety of environmentally related disciplines.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
a. High school diploma with
- Grade12 English
b. English 40S, and
c. Minimum Grade 10 science or an equivalent accepted by the program, and
d. Minimum Grade 10 mathematics with demonstrated competency in:
- use of fractions
- perimeter, area, and volume determination
- geometry (angles and degrees)
- the metric system and conversion to English measure
- algebra and formula manipulation;
or equivalencies of above.
|Application Notes :
|Students not meeting a minimum grade of 60% in each of the above required courses will be required to complete additional assessment testing. For more information on applications and admissions, please visit https://www.ucn.ca/sites/enrolment/admissions/Pages/Admissions.aspx.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
|Students must obtain Standard First Aid and Basic Rescuer (CPR) and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System certificates in the year of admission.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.