|Offers a community-based approach to health care delivery with a focus on the health of northern people and the learning needs of its students. Besides classroom instruction, UCN offers a variety of distance-education delivery methods; using distance delivery methods, courses can be taken on a part-time or full-time basis in a number of northern communities.
Offered in partnership with the University of Manitoba. Students can complete all four years of the program with UCN. Graduates are conferred with a Bachelor of Nursing degree from the University of Manitoba and are eligible to write the Canadian Nursing Association (CNA) licensure examination for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Minimum of 30 credit hours in the following (or their equivalent) with minimum of C in each course:
- BIOL.1410 Anatomy of the Human Body
- BIOL.1412 Physiology of the Human Body
- MBIO.1220 Essentials of Microbiology
- NUR.1501 Preparing for Professional Nursing Education
- 9 credit hours of approved Social Science or Humanities courses
- 9 credit hours of approved Science courses
|Application Notes :
|Child Abuse Registry, Adult Abuse Registry, criminal record clearance, immunization documents, and CPR certification.
For more information on applications and admissions, please visit https://www.ucn.ca/sites/enrolment/admissions/Pages/Admissions.aspx.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.