Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|School:||Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Faculty:||Science and Environmental Studies
|Field of Study:||Chemistry, General
|Description:||Chemistry is often referred to as the "central science" as it focuses on the behaviour of matter and the basic substance of which all matter is composed. From harnessing Earth's mineral resources, to developing cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, the value and application of chemistry is unparalleled.
As a Chemistry student, you will have the opportunity to explore various areas within the discipline, such as:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Medical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry
|URL:||Chemistry at Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Cost per year:*||
The tuition cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Data Management
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma. A minimum of 6 Grade 12U or M courses, or equivalent, including program specific prerequisite courses. Biology and Physics are recommended.
A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
Applicants whose first language is not English will need to satisfy Lakehead University’s English language proficiency requirements. Applicants can complete one of the following recognized language tests with the required minimum scores: TOEFL PBT-550, CBT-213, or iBT-80; IELTS-6.5; MELAB-85; CAEL-60.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.