|Welcome, students who like to experiment! Not limited to a single orientation or medium, our program’s exploratory approach to sculpture provides for a stimulating learning environment. From object-making to performance-based installations, students develop their individual interests through this malleable discipline. Our courses give students exposure to metal work, woodwork, moulding and casting, bronze and aluminum foundry work, public art practices, environmentally sustainable techniques, as well as a wide range of diverse materials and digital technologies.
Our program features:
- Student-centered curriculum, with an emphasis on the personal interests of the students
- Professional internships and other opportunities
- Upcoming renovations to sculpture studios and foundry facilities, and a dedicated student exhibition space
- Hands-on courses focusing on technical and conceptual development
- 24-hour access to Sculpture Studios
- Active Association of Undergrad Sculpture Students (A.U.S.) with a dedicated office space
Sculpture is a practice that addresses the way objects, space and human bodies coexist in the world. When you consider it this way, the medium becomes endlessly broad, as well as highly relevant to contemporary life. Critical analysis skills are developed through making things. In a sculpture program, thinking and making go hand-in-hand.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
No specific courses are required. See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for CEGEP, International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Students must submit a letter of intent and a portfolio with their application to be considered for admission. See the department’s website for more details on these additional requirements.
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.