|Clay offers endless creative possibilities. Throughout time, artists have been reinventing and renewing the art of ceramics. When you study ceramics, you will be able to develop technical skills in hand building, slip casting, glazing and firing, as well as engage in contemporary art practices like installation and digital imagery with your work.
In Quebec’s only ceramics program, you’ll learn a specialized practice that encompasses:
- Theory, history and practice of ceramics
- Working in studios open 24 hours a day
- Immersing yourself in the technical process
- Exploring new ways of thinking about and discussing your work
- Engaging in collaborative projects across art disciplines
- Going on field trips and meet visiting artists
You’ll practise in a communal atmosphere, sharing a studio, kiln and glaze room. You’ll learn from your instructors and visiting artists as well as your peers, taking part in a movement of ideas through the studio. Above all, you will develop a personal approach to ceramics based on your own interests and a unique body of work that you can build upon after graduation.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
No courses required. See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
The portfolio of artwork and a letter of intent are required to be considered for admission. See the Ceramics program page on our website for details on what to include.
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.