|The Kaié:ri Nikawerà:ke Indigenous Bridging Program is a path to university education for First Nations, Inuit and Métis students who do not meet Concordia’s conventional admission requirements.
Through the Kaié:ri Nikawerà:ke Indigenous Bridging Program, you will complete the math courses needed for your desired BComm program while building your capacity for academic success through classes in academic writing, study skills and time management. Each course will be taken as a cohort, allowing you to build community throughout your three terms. Support systems designed to facilitate your transition into university and Montreal life are built into each level of this program, including experiential learning opportunities through the Otsenhákta Student Centre and mentorship through a seminar.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants to the Kaié:ri Nikawerà:ke Indigenous Bridging Program must meet the following conditions:
- 1. Applicants must be First Nations, Inuit or Métis peoples whose communities are located in Canada. Applicants must submit proof of Indigenous identity, citizenship, and age.
- 2. Applicants must prove their potential to undertake undergraduate courses, despite not meeting the typical academic requirements.
- 3. Applicants must have been out of school — that is not engaged in full-time study — for at least 12 months since attaining the age of 18. Applicants who have been out of school for less than 12 months are also admissible provided that they have had no unfavourable academic record in the previous 12 months.
- 4. Applicants must submit school records and any material which may indicate ability to pursue university studies.
- 5. Some students may require courses in English as a Second Language, as determined by language proficiency testing. Refer to Concordia’s English language proficiency guidelines to check eligibility.
Applicants whose academic background qualifies them for regular admission are not eligible for the bridging program.
See the program page on our website for more details.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.