|Share the gift of language and open doors for your students. As a teacher, your passion for people — both young and old — helps them fulfill their potential. When you study Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL), your mastery of teaching the English language gives your students the skills needed to compete in the global marketplace.
With a curriculum that straddles theory and practice, you will have the opportunity to observe experienced teachers and instruct students as a student teacher. You’ll also:
- Study the major features of English language sounds
- Compare the grammatical structures of other major languages to English and learn to identify typical mistakes made by non-native speakers
- Learn teaching techniques aimed at children, adolescents and adults
Students graduate ready to take their place in classrooms in Quebec, across Canada and overseas, and are eligible for certification from the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
No specific courses are required. See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for CEGEP, International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Students must submit a program-specific application and review/assessment forms with their application and participate in an interview to be considered for admission. See the department’s website for more details on these additional requirements.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.