|Humber’s Bachelor of Engineering program begins with a common platform of first year courses which provide foundational engineering knowledge and skills. Following the first year, the curriculum branches into three different discipline areas: Information Systems Engineering, Mechatronics, and The Built Environment. The Bachelor of Engineering – The Built Environment discipline gives you hands-on experience with industry-standard advanced technology. In upper years, students choose from focused study in either sustainable building or built environment information systems. They solve real industry and community problems and gain knowledge and skills in civil, architectural, structural and environmental engineering. These abilities are in high demand as industry explores the use of innovative and resilient technologies and processes to make the construction of buildings and communities safer, more efficient and sustainable. Students use digital design applications and data capture technologies such as 3D scanning and mapping to integrate new and sustainable elements of the built environment into existing buildings, communities and cities. Virtual and augmented reality complement a design thinking approach to solving real world problems.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses: Grade 12 English (ENG4U or equivalent), Grade 12 Physics (SPH4U), Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U), Grade 12 Mathematics course from one of the following: Advanced Functions (MHF4U) OR Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U) and Two Grade 12 U or M courses in addition to those listed above. A final grade of not less than 65 per cent in each of the listed course requirements. Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) 65 per cent.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration)
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.