|Shape the future. Experience the magic and mystery of the world through the eyes of a child. As an educator, you’ll nurture children and inspire them to explore their surroundings. A BA in Early Childhood and Elementary Education gives you an educational foundation for teaching children aged two to 12.
In a curriculum that combines theory and fieldwork, you’ll have the opportunity to observe experienced teachers and teach classes as a student teacher. You’ll follow a core education curriculum and take electives in the teaching of values, second languages and human, social and natural sciences. You’ll also:
- Examine Canadian social policy and its impact on children and families
- Study the physical, emotional and psychological development of children aged two to 12
- Study educational psychology and philosophy
- Learn methods of teaching first and second languages, mathematics and social sciences
Our students graduate ready to enter Quebec classrooms, and are eligible for certification from the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
No specific courses are required. See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for CEGEP, International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Also required to be considered for admission are an interview, a program-specific application, and reference/assessment forms. See the department’s website for more details on these additional requirements.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.