St. Lawrence College
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
|School:||St. Lawrence College
|Field of Study:||Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology
|Description:||The Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) programs offered at St. Lawrence College include the in-school training of the Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Apprenticeship as defined by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. The Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Apprenticeship Program also covers the theory and techniques required for the apprentice to repair and maintain industrial equipment. Skills that are developed include machining, welding, installation of new component parts as well as troubleshooting and repair of existing machinery.
This program is funded in part by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
|URL:||Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) at St. Lawrence College
|Careers:||Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
For all three levels of training the apprentice must be:
- sponsored by an employer;
- registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.