|In one of North America’s top schools of architecture, you’ll get a broad education that covers everything from building materials and construction techniques to cultural history, social context, green architecture, and more. Not to mention you can combine it all with co-op. However, the core of pre-professional program is design courses, starting right in year one. You’ll get your own dedicated space in our studio where you’ll develop your ideas and skills through a series of hands-on projects. Through Waterloo's co-op program, you'll earn money, have access to North America's largest selection of co-op jobs, and graduate with up to 2 years of valuable work experience.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|83 to 87
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- A minimum final grade of 75% is required in English and 70% in the other prerequisites.
- Recommended courses: Grade 11 or 12 M Art courses, independent art studies, creative and cultural studies such as visual arts and history.
- Interview, English précis-writing exercise, and portfolio required.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
|Not an Ontario high school student?
We'll accept equivalent courses from other provinces and systems of study. Visit Waterloo's website to view the specific requirements for your province or country.
If your first language is not English, please refer to our English language requirements and eligible tests.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.