|Field of Study:||Education, General
Teaching Assistants/Aides, Other
|Description:||Our Educational Assistant Certificate has been delivered very successfully online for many years now. One very important aspect of our online program is that students receive live instruction with instructor-led classes. There is a new course each month and we offer open enrollment so you can start at any time.
Course content provides the student with knowledge and skills in the areas of child growth and development, learning strategies to support curriculum for diverse learners, interpersonal skills and working as a professional team member. This program offers a combination of theoretical instruction along with practical experience in an educational setting.
|URL:||Educational Assistant at Portage College
|Careers:||Education Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- English 30-1 or 30-2 (30 or 33)
- A score of 12.9 on Nelson Denny Test (if less than 60% in English 30/33 or English 30-1 or 30-2)
- Math 10C or 10-3, Math 10 (Applied or Pure), Math 10 or 13
- Criminal Record Check, Child Youth Information System Document (formally CWIS) Alberta Child and Youth Services
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Transferability to other provincial colleges is available. Some courses are transferable to the Early Learning and Child Care Certificate program. 30 block credit transfer to the Athabasca University BPA program.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.