University of Saskatchewan
Indian Teacher Education Program (ITEP)
|School:||University of Saskatchewan
|Faculty:||College of Education
|Field of Study:||Aboriginal Education
|Description:||ITEP is the largest First Nations Education experience in the country. It is a four-year elementary/middle years or secondary program that trains First Nations students to become effective teachers who can meet and respond to the ever-changing needs, challenges and objectives of both aboriginal and non-aboriginal students, particularly in First Nations communities and schools.
|URL:||Indian Teacher Education Program (ITEP) at University of Saskatchewan
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Computer and Information Science
- Grade12 History or Grade12 Social Studies or Grade12 Native Studies
- Grade12 International Languages or Grade12 Visual Arts
Biology 30* or Chemistry 30* or Physics 30* or Earth Science 30* or Computer Science 30*
History 30* or Social Studies 30* or Native Studies 30*
30-level language* other than English (includes French Immersion 30) or Fine/Performing Art*
Foundations of Mathematics 30* or Pre-Calculus 30* (or equivalents)
*Two deficiencies among indicated subjects are permitted but must be cleared prior to entering second year of study.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.