Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning

Tourism Management - Travel Services Management

Save Request Info Compare

Program Information

School:Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Faculty:Humber North Campus / School of Hospitality, Recreation, and Tourism
Field of Study:Tourism and Travel Services Management
Description:Humber’s Tourism – Travel Services Management diploma program is ideal for those who possess a genuine love of travel, exploration and adventure. The program will provide you with a tourism and travel education that you can apply to this exciting industry including tour operations, travel agencies, tourist boards, adventure and eco travel, cruise lines, airlines, voluntourism, educational tour companies, and sales and marketing. In order to best prepare for this dynamic industry, you will have several opportunities to travel internationally on both short duration trips and for full semesters abroad. In addition, several courses include local travel opportunities that give you hands-on experiences in a variety of tourism and travel products and adventures.

The program includes a fourth semester work placement where students gain practical work experience in a tourism company. Many work placements result in job offers. The curriculum focusses on teaching students to design, develop, market and sell the tourism experience. Some course examples include Niche Tourism, The Cruise Industry, The Tour Industry, The Sustainable Tourism Industry, World Destinations and Marketing for Tourism. Graduates of the program will explore everything from tourism operations and sales to business management and marketing in order to excel in today’s fast moving tourism and travel sector.
URL:Tourism Management - Travel Services Management at Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Length:2 Year(s)
Cost per year:*
National: $3,817
International: $14,671
Careers:Travel CounsellorsTour and Travel Guides

Admission Requirements


These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.

  •  Grade12 English 

• Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U). If English is not your first language, refer to the English Language Proficiency Policy in this publication • Two Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, U or M courses in addition to those listed above

Test Scores:
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]

* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.

Modified on August 05, 2017

Share This