Humber’s Social Service Worker diploma program prepares you to work with people in a professional helping role. Approaching your education from an individual and a community perspective, you will learn how to empower and advocate for people to meet their goals and to access needed services and programs.
Skilled, committed faculty with real-life work experience in the human services field teach with a focus on promoting equity and addressing barriers people face on the basis of race, class, disabilities, gender or sexual orientation.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
|Throughout the program, employers who provide field placement opportunities may require students to undergo a vulnerable sector check for criminal offences.
Mandatory bonding is a requirement for some sectors of the corrections field.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.