Humber’s Police Foundations diploma program, offered on a full-time and online part-time basis, enjoys an excellent reputation within the criminal justice community.
Our program’s curriculum, developed with the insights and expertise of members of the college’s Police Foundations Advisory Committee, ensures you’ll learn the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in a justice related career. Practical courses allow you to learn about psychology, criminology, the criminal code, contemporary social and community problems, policing protocols and strategies, investigating and evidence, and conflict management. As well, instruction in fitness and lifestyle management will teach you about the importance of health and wellness and about the fitness component of the Constable Selection Process.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Some law enforcement agencies have minimum hearing and vision standards. Further, mental and physical health, and good moral character and habits may be required. Employers in some sectors of the law and security field that provide field placement opportunities may require mandatory bonding of students. Upon acceptance and prior to the start of classes, students must complete the Standard First Aid and Heartsaver AED (C) certificates, as well as a Police Records Check.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.