|Nurses are always in demand. If you’re passionate about caregiving and thrive in dynamic learning environments then nursing is the place for you. Nurses work with diverse and vulnerable populations in a wide variety of health care settings at home and abroad, such as: schools, hospitals, daycares, long-term care facilities, and community clinics.
The four-year Bachelor of Nursing program comprises a majority of coursework in Nursing, as well as courses from other disciplines, including: English, Biology, and Psychology.
A Bachelor of Nursing from UNB qualifies graduates to write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||75
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
One additional senior-level course is also required. If a higher level Math course in the pre-calculus stream is presented, the math course with the highest grade will be considered for admission purposes.
- Grade12 English or Grade12 Français
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Mathematics
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Biology
Senior-year Chemistry and Biology are required. You need a minimum overall average of 70% in English, Math, Biology and Chemistry.
If you’re a mature student, you must present Grade 12 English, Chemistry and Biology plus Grade 11 Mathematics with a minimum grade of 70% in each course.
Supplementary forms are required for this program and are available from the Admissions Office.
All admissions are on a competitive basis; satisfaction of the minimum requirements doesn’t guarantee admission. You’re encouraged to apply early.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 100] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7.0]
|Application Notes : ||
An international applicant is not required to submit proof of English Language proficiency if the applicant has studied in a high school in Canada for a minimum of 1 year and has achieved a minimum of 70% in Grade 12 English (ENG4U/EAE4U or equivalent course).
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.