Humber’s Computer Systems Technician - Information Technology Infrastructure and Services diploma program prepares you for careers in Information and Communications Technology (ICT). You will build a foundation in electrical and logic circuits, and programming. You will also learn about the main hardware and software components of your computer and different features to improve performance of computer systems. Curriculum in the program prepares you for the role of system administrator whose responsibilities include installation, configuration and managing various operating systems including Microsoft servers, different distributions of Linux supported by virtualization tools and network infrastructure, supporting data and network security. You will also learn about data centre technologies that support small- and medium-sized businesses. You will gain knowledge in supporting public, private, and hybrid cloud environments, and integrating cloud technologies and services.
The program will give you hands-on experience with various hardware platforms, protocols and services with a strong emphasis on network and data systems security. You will have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure to deploy and support Linux and Microsoft operating systems, and administer web servers and applications using different scripting environments.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Grade 12 Mathematics (MAP4C, MCT4C, MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U or equivalent)
- Two Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
|Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.