|Create soundscapes for visual media. Design sounds for theatre or sound effects for video games. Craft sonic environments to enhance emotions. Explore the possibilities for creativity through electroacoustic composition, sound design and recording, while training your inner and outer ear.
Yes, you’ll learn about music history, theory, and composition, and also have opportunities to:
- Master stereo and multi-track recording techniques
- Collaborate on university film and animation projects, dance, theatre or performance art installations
- Learn to use software tools to process analog and digital sounds
- Give public performances of creative work
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
No specific courses are required. See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for CEGEP, International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Students must submit a letter of intent and a portfolio with their application to be considered for admission. See the department’s website for more details on these additional requirements.
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.