Early Childhood Education - (Accelerated)
|Field of Study:||Early Childhood Education and Teaching
|Description:||If you've completed an undergraduate degree from a post–secondary institution in Ontario or have a degree evaluated for Canadian equivalency, you may be eligible to earn your accelerated Early Childhood Education diploma in three semesters with ECYA. You are able to earn your ECE diploma in one calendar year, starting in May and finishing the following April by completing three full 14-week semesters. Some evening courses may be required in order to be eligible to graduate the following June. Additional fees will be incurred for these courses. Early Childhood Education (Accelerated) teaches you to design learning environments that promote healthy development for young children. You'll gain important observation skills needed to facilitate a child's developmental progress and get the opportunity to apply these skills in a variety of field placement settings related to your career goals.
|URL:||Early Childhood Education - (Accelerated) at Seneca College
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Early Childhood Educators and Assistants||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- A recognized Bachelor of Arts degree (or other undergraduate degree) or documentation of assessed degree equivalency;
- Students with credentials from a foreign institution must be evaluated course by course through WES or ICAS;
- Documentation which reflects previous paid or volunteer experience with young children;
- English proficiency at the college level.
Prior To Beginning Of Class:
- Current immunization report and report of chest x-ray or tuberculin skin test.
- A valid Standard First Aid Certificate (16 hours).
- A valid CPR "C" Certificate.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check.
- Applicants living in the city of Toronto can expect to wait a minimum of 8-12 weeks to receive a Police Check.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Reference Letter which reflects previous paid or volunteer experience with young children.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.