|The Automotive Service Technician Toyota (MAP 32) program has been designed for existing or new Toyota/Lexus dealer apprentices.
During your time in the program, you'll alternate between in-school lessons and apprenticeship work terms at your Toyota/Lexus dealer every four weeks — for a total of 32 weeks of schooling and 32 weeks of work placement.
At the School of Transportation's state-of-the-art Ashtonbee Campus facilities, you'll:
- Learn from the traditional apprenticeship curriculum and receive additional training on Toyota/Lexus products description, operation, diagnostics and repair;
- Explore electronics and gain further knowledge in diagnosing computerized control systems;
- Gain hands-on practice on Toyota vehicles and components in fully-equipped automotive labs, which will give you an edge when you enter the market;
- Gain the technical skills to embark on a career as an automotive service technician.
Please note: Enrolment for this Automotive Service Technician Toyota program occurs every other year. The next intake will be in 2021.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Centennial College requires students applying to Modified Apprenticeship Programs to present at minimum: OSSD or GED or equivalent. Candidates may apply directly to Centennial College. Successful applicants must obtain an employer and then register as a MAP apprentice with the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Acceptance is based on successful completion of all entry requirements. Limited space is available in each program. Applicant must be employed by a Toyota dealership or selected through an interview process.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.