Humber’s Business – Accounting diploma program provides you with a well-rounded accounting education with training in accounting procedures and theory, taxation, business law, information systems, and management. Supported by our state-of-the-art Accounting Centre, you’ll learn best practices in accounting and become skilled at using industry-standard software including Profile (personal tax), Access, Excel, Quickbooks, SAGE 50 Accounting (formerly known as Simply Accounting) and SAGE Accpac Plus.
You will learn accounting from industry-connected faculty who are committed to providing you with practical, hands-on accounting training to help you get ahead. Our program’s versatile range of courses helps you develop broad-based business skills including human resource administration, business writing, macroeconomics and finance. At any time, you can transfer to the three-year Business Administration – Accounting advanced diploma program, which has an optional co-op opportunity.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Grade12 English
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Grade 12 Mathematics (MAP4C, MCT4C, MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U) or Grade 11 M or U Mathematics (MCF3M or MCR3U)
- Two Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Students are required to have a PC laptop and access to MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PowerBI. Consideration of the length of battery life is also important as in class time, examinations can extend to 3+ hours. Recommended (optional): an external wireless mouse and an external plugin number pad to facilitate speed of accounting related functions.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.