University of Saskatchewan
Linguistics (B.A. Three- or Four-Year)
|School:||University of Saskatchewan
|Faculty:||College of Arts and Science
|Field of Study:||Linguistics
|Description:||Linguistics is an interdisciplinary program that explores the structure of language, as well as its change and development. This discipline also examines how language functions in the lives of individuals, groups and societies. Linguistics finds applications in speech and language pathology, cultural studies, communication, and education.
Linguistics studies the basic nature of human language:
- speech sounds, sound systems and writing systems
- universal characteristics of word and sentence structure
- geographical and social variations of language and dialects
- the historical evolution of world languages
|URL:||Linguistics (B.A. Three- or Four-Year) at University of Saskatchewan
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
Foundations of Mathematics 30 or Pre-Calculus 30 (or equivalents)
In addition to the Required Courses for admission, some university courses have a high school pre-requisite.
Students entering the Bachelor of Arts program, or who are undecided about which program they are interested in, are encouraged to take Foundations of Mathematics 30. Students interested in the Bachelor of Science program are encouraged to take Pre-Calculus 30.
Students can be admitted into this college with a mathematics deficiency but are encouraged to consult the college upon admission to plan how to clear the deficiency.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.