|If you enjoy biology and physics and want a career in medical technology or health research, Life Physics at Waterloo is for you. Run by the Department of Physics and Astronomy — one of the largest and most innovative physics departments in Canada — this flexible and interdisciplinary program is based on a solid foundation of physics, chemistry, and biology. Not to mention that students have the opportunity to gain paid work experience through their co-op work terms. You’ll enjoy small classes, hands-on labs, and the opportunity to get involved in research and teaching. By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms throughout your degree, you can explore new career areas and types of employers as your career interests evolve.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 83
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management
- A minimum final grade of 70% is required in the English and math classes.
- Ontario students need six Grade 12 U and/or M courses.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Not an Ontario high school student?
We'll accept equivalent courses from other provinces and systems of study. Visit Waterloo's website to view the specific requirements for your province or country.
If your first language is not English, please refer to our English language requirements and eligible tests.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.