|In our modern age of big data and data analytics, computer science is essential to unlocking the mysteries of human health and disease. Using the techniques and tools of high performance computing, machine learning and artificial intelligence, computer scientists and programmers have a crucial role to play in the rapidly expanding field of biomedical and health informatics.
The BCompSc in Health and Life Sciences will place you at the rich intersection of computer science and biology, providing a solid foundation in computer science while giving you the additional knowledge and skills to pursue a career or further studies in the health and life sciences. Our state-of-the-art labs for high-performance computing, networks and artificial intelligence will give you experience with the equipment you’ll use in the field. You’ll also:
- Develop algorithms for processing, visualizing and understanding biological and health data
- Design software for the health and life sciences sector
- Explore emerging software and hardware technologies in the context of health and life sciences
- Learn about molecular and cell biology, genomics and biological data sciences
Students who are more interested in studying these issues with a foundation in biology may wish to consider the BSc in Systems and Information Biology.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Cegep applicants: 30 overall, 26 math, 25 science
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Physics or Chemistry or Biology
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 and Linear Algebra; Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism; Waves, Optics and Modern Physics; General Chemistry; Chemistry of Solutions and General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts
High School: A- overall, A- math, B+ in science
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.