|Get ready to tackle the climate crisis. In this program, you'll study the science behind the challenges facing our planet's environment. Combine biology, chemistry, physics, and earth science with human geography to address challenges such as flooding, permafrost thawing, drought and forest fires, peatland degradation, rising sea levels and coastal change, and changing economic opportunities in climate sensitive sectors. Through Waterloo's co-op program, you'll earn money, have access to North America's largest selection of co-op jobs, and graduate with up to 2 years of valuable work experience.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 83
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Chemistry or Physics
- A minimum final grade of 70% is required in the prerequisite Grade 12 English and math courses.
- Recommended course: Biology, Earth and Space Science, or World Issues
- Ontario students need six Grade 12 U and/or M courses.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Not an Ontario high school student?
We'll accept equivalent courses from other provinces and systems of study. Visit Waterloo's website to view the specific requirements for your province or country.
If your first language is not English, please refer to our English language requirements and eligible tests.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.