|This four year degree program is designed for students seeking careers in the hospitality, culinary, food services and food science sectors through a unique combination of food science and culinary skills. Well suited for those with a passion for food and a love of science, this program produces skilled graduates with culinary and food science backgrounds equipped with the abilities to create innovative, high quality food products for existing and emerging markets.
Through combining the disciplines of food science and culinary arts, students develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become professionals within this innovative and emerging field. Students examine a broad range of topics including food chemistry, food microbiology, sensory evaluation, food processing, as well as culinary science and food service management, with a focus on food product development and enhancing the nutritional value of food products. These core science skills are complemented by advanced skills in food preparation, cooking, baking, safety and sanitation, management and leadership. Through applied research in product development, students have the opportunity to research, create and market their own products. In addition, students participate in two practical cooperative education learning opportunities gaining valuable applied industry experience.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent,
- or be Mature Students. Mature students are applicants who have not achieved the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or its equivalent and who are at least 19 years of age on or before the commencement of the program in which they intend to enroll. Mature students applying for Degree programs satisfy College Eligibility by having demonstrated academic abilities equivalent to those of Ontario high school graduates, verified by successful completion of at least one full-time term at the post-secondary level (minimum five courses taken concurrently in an academic program of study).
Applicants must also have: six Grade 12 university (U) or university/college (M) courses with a minimum 65% average including: one Grade 12 U English course, with a minimum of 60%, one Grade 12 U Mathematics course, with a minimum of 60%, and one Grade 12 U Biology course or one Grade 12 U Chemistry course.
Please note that mature students must meet the following subject-specific Program Eligibility requirements, either directly or through equivalencies: one Grade 12 U English course, with a minimum of 60%, one Grade 12 U Mathematics course, with a minimum of 60%, and one Grade 12 U Biology course or one Grade 12 U Chemistry course.
Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.