|Climate change, loss of biodiversity, severe weather events, pollution and the unsustainable use of the Earth’s resources are some of the most pressing challenges of our time. If you are fascinated by the science behind how human activity affects our planet, and passionate about creating a more sustainable future, the Environmental and Sustainability Science program is for you.
Following one of the three program streams (Earth Systems and Climate Science, Environmental Biology or Environmental Chemistry), you will learn to understand and assess the impact of human activity on natural cycles, ecosystems, species and landforms, while specializing in one particular disciplinary approach to environmental issues.
Students in all streams will take courses in geography, geology, biology and chemistry to develop the skills and knowledge needed for a career or further studies in the environmental sciences. You will:
- Learn about the physical and chemical processes that shape our planet
- Study the evolution and conservation of biodiversity on earth
- Study the causes and consequences of climate change and environmental pollution
- Learn to design experiments and gather and interpret statistical data
- Acquire technical knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote sensing
- Learn to develop effective policies for environmental management and the protection of endangered wildlife
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 25 overall, 24 in math/sciences
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 – Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Wave, Optics and Modern Physics – General Chemistry and Chemistry of Solutions – General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts.
High School: B overall, B in math / sciences
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.