|The LTEP route supports teacher candidates by offering teaching area and methodology courses in Cree or French, as well as coursework that focuses on teaching in second language settings.
This diverse, one-of-a kind program brings English, French and Indigenous language learners together with a focus on language revitalization and culture and responds to the needs of practicing professionals in school systems where second-language programs (immersion, bilingual and core) are currently delivered or in the development stages.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|70 to 80
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Biology 30 or Chemistry 30 or Physics 30 or Earth Science 30, or Computer Science 30
- Grade12 Biology
- Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
- History 30 or Social Studies 30 or Native Studies 30
- 30-level language other than English or a Fine/Performing Art
- Foundations of Mathematics 30 or Pre-Calculus 30
Two deficiencies among above subjects are permitted but must be cleared prior to entering second year of study.
Transfer students (with 18 transferable credits) do not need to meet these pre-requisite requirements.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) or CanTEST or Pearson Test of English (Academic) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based)
|Application Notes :
|To view all accepted English language proficiency standardized tests, please visit: https://admissions.usask.ca/requirements/english-language-proficiency.php#ProofofEnglishproficiency
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.