Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
|School:||Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
|Faculty:||Business and Information Technology
|Field of Study:||Accounting
|Description:||The Graduate Diploma in Accounting is a professional program accredited by the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Ontario. The program emphasizes integration, problem solving, decision making and other CPA-enabling competencies to prepare prospective CPAs for the completion of the Professional Education Program (PEP) and Common Final Examination (CFE), and for their careers.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Accounting, students will receive credit for the first four modules of CPA Canada's PEP, including Core 1, Core 2 and all four elective modules (assurance, finance, performance management and tax) and be eligible to enter the PEP at the Capstone 1 module. Students will be able to write the CFE within 12 months of completing the Graduate Diploma in Accounting, saving time in achieving their CPAs.
|URL:||Accounting at Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:*||
Cost is per term.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||60
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Cumulative B+ average (GPA: 3.3 on a 4.3 scale or 77 to 79 per cent) or higher in courses required for admission to the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP) (see list of courses on our website).
- Grade of C (60 per cent) or higher in courses required for admission to the CPA PEP.
- Completion of all courses required for admission the CPA PEP. Graduates of other Canadian universities are encouraged to apply if they have completed a business degree with a concentration in accounting and have met the requirements of CPA PEP and coverage of these courses is substantially equivalent to the courses taken by students from the university.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.