|Centennial College's Advertising Media Management program will prepare you for a career in media planning and buying within the advertising and communications industry. Intensive, hands-on, industry-approved advertising media management courses will provide you with the fundamentals of media management. At the same time, they'll highlight consumer-driven communication channel choices (such as mobile platforms) for advertising messages. In this graduate certificate program, you'll:
- Develop expertise in reaching target audiences with creative messages;
- Build your business and negotiation skills on behalf of advertising clients to achieve strategic results;
- Expand your knowledge of emerging media;
- Master industry-specific syndicated research databases and software;
- Complement your in-class education with a 14-week industry field placement.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have a degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline. We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education and have relevant work experience
|Additional Admission Requirements:||English language proficiency
Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will: Complete a basic mathematics test, complete a writing assignment, answer a questionnaire to help us assess suitability for the program and industry, and submit an up-to-date resume.
Note: after applying, applicants will receive a letter with instructions on how to book the program admission session. Students who are accepted into the program will be required to complete an English language assessment upon registration. Students who test below the required COMM 170/171 English proficiency level will take the ENGL-700 Professional English Communications course or the pre-requisite English COMM course for ENGL-700 in the first semester.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.