|Gain insight into the uniquely powerful language of law and come to understand its limits as well as its capabilities. The Legal Studies program offers you the opportunity to critically explore the social roles of law and its connections with community, government and society from different perspectives. The program demonstrates a commitment to promoting justice by cultivating active citizenship skills, critical reflection, and respect for diversity, pluralism, equality, and equity. Our program provides an extensive understanding of law in its social context, including areas such as human rights, international law, alternative dispute resolution and information and privacy law.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|70 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
An Ontario college or Ontario college advanced diploma in one of the programs listed below with a minimum B-/70 per cent average:
- Court and Tribunal Administration
- Law Clerk or Law Clerk Advanced
- Office Administration - Legal*
- or -
A graduate certificate in Paralegal, Legal Research and Information Management, or Mediation - Alternative Dispute REsolution presented concurrently with an Ontario college diploma or Ontario college advanced diploma (or equivalent) in one of:
- Child and Youth Worker
- Developmental Services Worker
- Police Foundations
- Protection, Security and Investigation
- Social Services Worker
*Office Administration - Legal graduates from Durham College who present the minimum required average have been pre-approved for admission. Graduates of other Office Administration - Legal programs should contact the Admissions office to determine their admission eligibility.
In recognition of your diploma, you will receive 20 courses toward the 40-course Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.