Canadian Teacher Education: Earn Your Master's at Medaille
Earn your graduate degree in the United States and teach in the US or Canada!
The Master of Science in Education (MSEd) program at Medaille University has been welcoming Canadian teacher education students into our programs for more than 25 years.
Highly respected on both sides of the border, Medaille's personalized education program will give you the preparation you need to become a highly skilled teacher.
If you were considering a traditional Canadian teachers' college, studying at Medaille gives you even more: you have the opportunity to become familiar with the U.S. educational system while obtaining your graduate degree.
In our Canadian teacher education master's degree program in New York State, you may choose either our Master of Science in Education: Elementary program or our Master of Science in Education: Adolescent program. Both will qualify you to apply for certification in New York State and Ontario.
Why choose Medaille?
- Students take synchronous virtual classes during the week, or approximately every other weekend
- Enjoy academic and professional support from Medaille faculty and staff who work closely with students to provide the educational and career encouragement for success
- Work with experienced faculty field supervisors who provide mentorship and truly understand the reality of being in the classroom
- Become savvy at integrating new technologies into the classroom
- Gain eligibility for certification in both Ontario and New York State
- Immerse yourself in two eight-week student teaching placements to maximize classroom experience and school integration
- Start your program in fall or spring
What do students have to say?
"After my first week of class there was no doubt in my mind that I had chosen the right profession. The profs are enthusiastic, and the classes are all practical, hands-on learning."
- Angela Andrews, Master of Science in Education
"Medaille was ideal, as the weekend classes allowed me to continue working at my full-time position, allowing me to continue supporting my family."
- Patrick J. Valeriote, Master of Science in Education
Curious to learn more about earning your Ontario teacher credentials in the United States? Reach out to us via email to get more info!
Contact Medaille to learn more about teacher education
account_balanceMore About This School