Looking to Boost Your Job Prospects? Consider a Microcredential
Microcredentials, like those offered by Canadore College, let you sharpen career-specific skills before you get hired!
If you've got some training, and you've built up your skill set, but you're still having trouble finding the right career, you may want to consider a microcredential.
What are microcredentials?
A microcredential is a flexible, short course or set of courses designed to provide learners with specialized, industry-relevant training that equips them with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to compete in a global job market. Upon successful completion, students can receive a digital badge that can be shared on social platforms to enhance job search profiles. Whether you are upskilling or retraining, microcredentials are tailored to those looking for flexible, part-time learning.
Earning a microcredential
Most microcredentials can be achieved online, independently, over the course of a few months. You'll typically be able to take the material at your own pace, which is great if your schedule's already full!
Microcredentials at Canadore
Canadore College offers three types of microcredentials. Different schools may offer other types.
- Credit or noncredit experience/workshop/course
- Up to 15 hours in duration
- Designed to provide a basic skill, knowledge and/or attitude for entry-level employment, professional development, or lifelong learning
Certificate of Training
- Credit or noncredit workshop/course(s)
- Up to 100 hours in duration
- Designed to provide a limited set of skills, knowledge, and/or attitudes for a specific discipline, trade or occupation for entry-level employment, professional development, or lifelong learning
Canadore College Certificate
- Credit or noncredit course(s) or program
- Over 100 hours
- Designed to provide a set of enhanced skills, knowledge and attitudes for entry-level employment, professional development, or lifelong learning
For Fall 2021, Canadore offers microcredentials in the following areas:
- Food service
- Occupational health & safety
- Managing change
- Fundamentals of caregiving
- Professional practice in caregiving
More are sure to come as the program gains momentum! Colleges and universities near you may also offer microcredentials.
Curious about earning a microcredential from Canadore College? Reach out to email@example.com for more info!
Learn more about microcredentials at Canadore
account_balanceMore About This School