Your Guide to Scholarships, Awards, and Bursaries
Discover the financial support offered by York University!
As you prepare your university application, it is important to factor in your finances and how you plan to cover the costs of your university education. If you're not quite there yet, not to worry as it is never too early to start! At York University, we are here to support you in achieving your academic and personal goals. As a result, this year York has upgraded their financial support for new students to continue helping with the costs of higher education. Follow the steps below to explore and apply for funding opportunities:
Step 1: Research scholarships and financial aid programs
Your first step is to explore York's funding options by selecting the description that suits you best on the Scholarships & Financial Aid website. Some of the awards are:
- The New Automatic Entrance Scholarship of up to $4,000 per academic year is available to domestic high school applicants only, admitted to a direct entry undergraduate program except Nursing (until such time as it becomes a direct entry program). This scholarship is renewable and regainable at all tiers to recipients who maintain a minimum 8.00 sessional grade point average and enroll in a minimum of 24 credits each Fall/Winter academic year.
- York University Study Abroad Award is in support of York University's commitment to internationalization and advancing global engagement and global learning. This scholarship is applicable to recipients of the Automatic Entrance Scholarship only. Students are eligible to receive a York University Study Abroad Award valued at $1,500 if they participate in a formal exchange experience in years 2, 3 or 4.
- The Tentanda Via Award is valued at $10,000 and renewable up to three years.
- Schulich Leader Scholarships are valued at $80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years) for student(s) admitted to Science, Technology or Mathematics programs of study and at $100,000($25,000 x 4 years of study) for student(s) admitted to an Engineering program in the Lassonde School of Engineering.
- Avie Bennett Visionary Leadership Scholarship valued at $36,000.
- Governors' Awards of Distinction valued at $32,000
- Honderich Bursary valued at $32,000.
- Avie Bennett Award values at $30,000.
- Chancellor Bennett Entrance Awards for the Westview Partnership valued at $28,000.
- Awards of Achievement valued at $24,000.
- Harry Arthurs Alumni Families Entrance Scholarship valued at $24,000.
- President's Scholarships valued at $21,600.
- Chancellor Cory Entrance Scholarship valued at $16,000.
There are a variety of entrance awards and bursaries available valued between $500 to $4,000. A detailed listing becomes available after submitting your application and logging into MyFile's scholarships, awards and bursaries application. We also recommend reviewing the additional entrance scholarships and awards offered by individual faculties and/or programs.
In addition, we recommend exploring external scholarship and award options that are available to you through various agencies and organizations.
Step 2: Apply
Once you've researched funding options and prepared your application documentation, it's time to apply! York Entrance awards are automatically granted based on your academic average, but others may require a separate application including reference letters and personal statements submitted through MyFile.
Note that all York Entrance Awards are initially based on current grades but are confirmed and finalized based on final grades.
Step 3: Complete your student financial profile
Once you have identified funding options, complete your Student Financial Profile (SFP) on MyFile. The SFP online application is required to apply for scholarships, bursaries and on-campus employment programs at York. Be sure to complete your SFP before receiving an offer of admission to be considered for as many funding opportunities as possible!
Figuring out how to finance your education can be challenging, but York can help! To learn about scholarships, awards and financial aid at York, check out their Student Financial Services website or reach out to them on Facebook or Twitter.
Visit York's Student Financial Services website
account_balanceMore About This School