A star is born? Make your arts application shine at uLethbridge!
Applying for a fine arts program? Check out these tips to maximize your chances of success.
From art studio, to music, to drama to new media, at the University of Lethbridge, we offer tremendous opportunities to work with renowned practicing artists and leading scholars and allow your creative side to shine!
Many fine arts programs need additional requirements, like submitting a portfolio or doing an audition. Here are a few tips to help make your admission process go as smoothly as possible:
- Make sure that your images, videos, or sound pieces are high quality and display your practice an talents in the best light.
- Keep video and audio pieces to a maximum of three to five minutes and images to 10-20 pieces.Remember your portfolio is an opportunity to demonstrate your skill level, areas of interest and creative drives.
- Avoid submitting older pieces. If you are a high school student, try to not submit works older than three years. As an older student, try to stay within 4-5 years.
- Practice makes perfect.Make sure you are audition-ready.
- Artists, performers and musicians need to embrace the idea of other people seeing their work and accepting criticism. Ask someone you trust like teachers, friends, or family to interact with your work so that you feel confident in your work. uLethbridge also allows you to reach out for feedback prior to your submission or audition.
New for Fall 2019: incoming first–year Faculty of Fine Arts students eligible for a limited number of guaranteed housing placements on our Lethbridge Campus.This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a living and learning community. You will actively participate in experiential learning, and gain valuable skills through programming, created especially for you, with like-minded peers.
For more information on uLethbridge and our programs, important deadlines and admission requirements, check out our website or firstname.lastname@example.org
account_balanceMore About This School