Gain International Experience with York University
See the world while completing degree credits and developing expertise in your career field.
York University offers international exchange programs and internships with 200+ international partners.
Study abroad opportunities give students a global education that embodies York’s pillars of access, connectedness, excellence and impact. You’ll expand your horizons, make global connections and gain professional experience that can lead to career opportunities worldwide.
Check out York’s international opportunities to learn how you can take your degree global:
Students who participate in an exchange organized through Go Global,
a division of York International,
or faculty-based exchange programs,
can study abroad for a semester or a full year. Courses completed abroad can be applied to your degree at York, whether you have studied at Western Sydney University in Australia, Stockholm University in Sweden or at one of our other exchange partner locations.
Studying abroad is a great way to travel and earn credits at the same time!
2. International Degrees
York offers international degree programs to prepare you for success in the global workforce, including our:
• International Bachelor of Arts (iBA)
• International Bachelor of Science (iBSc)
• International Bachelor of Business Administration (iBBA);
• International Bachelor of Business Administration (iBBA) at the Schulich School of Business.
These degrees combine traditional studies with internationally oriented courses, an exchange and language certifications.
3. Global Internships
York’s Global Internships
are ideal for students looking for a career-connected education that can lead to professional opportunities worldwide. Imagine yourself living and working in the UK, Turkey or Brazil, or one of 21 other countries.
4. Summer Abroad
York’s international summer courses allow students to study abroad for three to four weeks and complete course credits. York offers summer abroad courses in countries such as Italy, France, Germany, Greece and Spain. Here are a few opportunities you could be a part of:
• Last year, the Department of History gave students the opportunity to study modern Greek history for a month in Athens, where they experienced living in the ancient city and took part in historical walks and visited museums, archives and research centres.
• With support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Korean Education Centre, York University students with little to no background in Korean studies and Korean culture were given the opportunity to take a course, Introduction to Korean Society and Culture, in Seoul, South Korea at the Seoul National University of Education (SNUE).
• York students also have the unique opportunity to experience community-based education with the Faculty of Environmental Studies. At the University’s EcoCampus, in the Las Nubes Rainforest Preserve in southern Costa Rica, students learn about sustainability and/or Indigenous art and culture.
To learn more about next summer’s opportunities, contact email@example.com
or check our Summer Abroad website.
If you’re interested in exploring the world while earning a degree and expanding your horizons through experiential education, York University may be the best choice for your educational and career goals!