Finding the Right School!
What is the right school for you? How do you find the right fit?
Choosing the right school to pursue your higher education can be an overwhelming process.
Do you stay close to home? Do you move away? What career path should you follow?
All of these questions are entirely natural, but do take a logical approach to research your options.
- If you have a high school counsellor at your school, make an appointment to talk through your options.
- Concentrate on your strengths, bearing in mind that what may be your best subject or passion, may not necessarily provide you with a career to provide you with independence, so you may have to be flexible.
For example, you may wish to pursue a career in the arts and performing arts, so it may be a good idea to have an insurance choice, such as business perhaps?
- Go on-line to research and compare programmes and costs.
- Check out the employability potential from your chosen institution.
You may wish to consider the UK as a study destination, as there are many good reasons to do so:
- Shorter duration of programme i.e. three year as opposed to a four year pathway, enabling you to be in the job market one year earlier.
- More focussed programme of study from date of commencement.
- Affordable tuition fees.
- An experience of a lifetime providing you with the proximity to history and cultural traditions, not only in the UK, but across the EU, with it being on the doorstep.
- The network is global which open up career options and access to resources.
- Has achieved its highest ever ranking in the Times Higher Education World rankings which places it among the top 300 elite institutions across the globe. We also rank 35th out of 93 top UK institutions.
- Swansea University offers excellent student support, with college specific career advisers on hand to help you excel and achieve.
- Work placements are built into the majority of programmes to provide that essential work experience boost to your resume.
- You may also wish to check out our new video of the first class facilities and support available at Swansea
Interested? Please contact Angela Jones: email@example.com