5 Factors To Consider When Chosing the Right School For You!
Make a smart, informed decision about how best to build your future self
Once you’ve zeroed in on WHAT you’d like to study, a few factors come into play when it comes to choosing WHERE to attend university.
1. What’s the learning environment like? Class size is key.
Concordia is a big university that feels small. With more than 46,000 students, we still manage to keep 75 per cent of classes to 60 students or fewer.
2. What’s the vibe on campus? Can you picture yourself feeling at home? Get a sense by taking a tour, led by a current student, and get the inside scoop.
3. What does the location have to offer? You’re choosing a university, but you’re also choosing a city (or a town, depending on the size of your destination). In what ways can your surroundings complement your education or your professional prospects?
Montreal is officially the best student city on the planet
(Quacquarelli Symonds, 2017). It’s also uniquely well-suited to people with specific interests.
• a cultural nexus: more people work in creative jobs here than anywhere else, after London
• an aerospace capital: the third largest aviation centre on the planet
• a gaming hub: number three worldwide for video game production and fourth for visual effects
4. Who are you going to meet? For biochemistry major Noraldin Al-Deri, diversity was a deciding factor. “When you’re around people with different opinions, you grow,” he says. Concordia students come from more than 150 countries around the globe.
5.Will you gain practical experience during your degree? Look for a Co-op program
that will let you do paid internships.
We can help you answer all these questions and more. Come chat with Concordia recruiters and current students at Open House
. We're known for being friendly and helpful — and we'd love to meet you.