5 Ways To Be A Stress-Free Student
At Lakehead University, we have some exceptional ways to help our students manage stress.
This is a critical time of year for students. As the end of school quickly approaches, students have a lot on going on their lives. Whether it’s deciding to accept an offer of admission for post-secondary or preparing for an upcoming exam, students are likely experiencing some kind of stress. At Lakehead University, we have some exceptional ways to help our students manage stress:
1. Student Health & Counselling: Students can take advantage of counselling services offered on campus, or attend one of the many stress-busting activities offered throughout the semester. At our Thunder Bay campus, doctors and nurses are available for medical appointments, and at our Orillia campus, students may see homeopathic doctors, counselors or nurse practitioners.
2. Student Accessibility Services (SAS): If you have a documented disability or medical condition that requires special assistance throughout your studies or during exams, our SAS team can help.
3. Student Success: Our student success specialists offer academic workshops of all kinds, tutoring (students get 5 free hours a year!), and peer-assisted learning to give you the greatest chance for success in university. If you need one-on-one advice about the classes you’re taking, switching your major, or what degree to pursue, our academic advisors can help.
4. Recreational Facilities: One of the best ways to relieve stress is to keep active, especially when the workload gets heavy. At Lakehead, we make this easy for you with our many athletic and club teams as well as recreational facilities at both the Thunder Bay campus and the Orillia campus—you have full access as a Lakehead student!
5. Library Services: Your friendly Lakehead librarians are always available to help you during heavy assignment and exam period. They also understand the time pressure you are under. That’s why they hold events like “The Late Night Against Procrastination” where they not only stay open all night to allow you to study, but they offer free coffee, a midnight pizza party, therapy dogs, yoga & meditation sessions, a play station room, and free breakfast!