Earn More - Get Career Ready At UoG
Start your career from day one (£2,000 discount)
With fierce competition to find jobs after graduation there is a growing demand for “career-ready” graduates. At the University of Gloucestershire we believe your career starts from your first day on campus:
- Our lecturers are highly skilled, well-connected practitioners with a wealth of experience, including a former BBC news reporter and presenter, a former art director and writer for Elle, Vogue and Sony, a Sky Sports commentator, and a former musical director for the Gorillaz.
- “Real world” experience gives you a competitive edge, e.g. Law students can take part in simulated trials, shadow legal practitioners, and practice their mooting skills in our Moot Court. Business students can shadow a consultant, work with an entrepreneur and deliver a project to a corporate business. Computer Games Design students work on live briefs with organisations such as Microsoft Rare and Rancon.
- Every year more than 3000 of our students complete work placements or internships, gaining credits for their degrees and valuable experience. The connections students make during these placements often help to set up their next steps after graduation. Dedicated Placement teams on each campus can help you secure placements in the UK or abroad. Industry placements have included The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent, the National Portrait Gallery, Microsoft Rare, Superdry, Silverstone and IBM.
- Why not volunteer your time to show the world what a rounded, and exceptional person you are? We offer 10,000 hours of volunteering opportunities every year to help enhance your CV and gain invaluable experience.
- We treat our students as professionals from day one, e.g. our Fine Art students gain exposure though local, national and international exhibition opportunities.
Contact Rebecca Smith now to find out more about how to join our professional student body at UoG. Give yourself the biggest advantage come graduation.