For more than 30 years, the Schulich School of Business at York University (formerly the Faculty of Administrative Studies) has focussed on business education that graduates men and women who will succeed throughout their careers in a complex and constantly changing world. Founded in 1966 in Toronto, Canada's corporate centre, Schulich has built a strong reputation, both at home and abroad, for richly diverse, creative, real world programs at the undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, and executive education levels. These include Canada's first International M.B.A. program (I.M.B.A.), as well as the country's first comprehensive offerings in areas such as Financial Services, Real Property Management, and Arts and Media Administration.
Students become strong generalists and take every advantage of Schulich's wide ranging specialization options. Schulich graduates build successful careers in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
Each of these organizations solicits membership from newly admitted students during Skills Week, the first week of classes. Very often there is a nominal fee for membership, which helps to cover the costs of many of the events that each organization holds throughout the academic year. Such events include guest speakers, field trips, case competitions, wine and cheese functions, and much more. The Executive Committee for each association is elected towards the end of every academic year for leadership in the following year.
- Accounting Society
- AISEC (Association Internationale des Etudiants en Sciences Economiques et Commerciales)
- Arts and Media Management Club
- International Graduate Business Conference (IGBC)
- M.B.A. Yearbook
- M.B.A./LL.B. Joint Program Students Association
- Open Arms Committee (International Student Liaison)
- Organizational Behaviour Association
- Real Property Development Association
- Students Against Violence Everywhere (SAVE)
- The INSIDER (Schulich Student Newspaper)
- York Business and Environment Club
- York Consulting Association
- York Entrepreneur Society
- York Finance Association
- York Marketing Association
- York Sports Business Club
Modified on June 20, 2014