For admission to undergraduate studies, students must meet either:
Faculty Admission Requirements for open intake areas of study or;
Program Admission Requirements for direct-entry admission to limited intake programs.
Faculty Admission Requirements
- English 12, English Literature 12 or English First Peoples 12 with a minimum grade of C+
- Communications 12 with a minimum grade of A
- IB English A1/A2 (HL or SL) with a minimum grade of 3 (or C+)
- AP English Language/Literature and Composition with a minimum grade of C+
Applicants who are unable to satisfy undergraduate admission requirements may be eligible for admission to a Faculty pathway program. To learn more, visit kpu.ca/programs.
International students must meet the following requirements:
1. Students must have the equivalent of British Columbia secondary school graduation or they must be 19 on the first day of classes.
2. Students must have one of the following English language proficiency results:
- An official TOEFL score of 550 plus on the paper test with 4.5 or higher on the TWE.
- An official TOEFL score of 213 plus on the computer test with 4.5 or higher on the essay.
- A British Columbia Grade 12 English with a minimum C grade or equivalent from a Canadian secondary school. Government exams must be completed as part of the course:
- A Language Proficiency Index (LPI) essay score of 26 and EU of 6.
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 with at least 6 on individual tests.
- A Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) score of 85 or higher.
- A minimum of a C grade in a Canadian post-secondary English course for which KPU awards transfer credit.
Applicants to selective entry programs will be required to meet specific course prerequisites in addition to the University's minimum admission requirements listed above, particularly in the areas of Communications, English, and Mathematics. Additional testing is often required, but appropriate testing can, in most cases, be arranged in the student's home country. Please refer to the current edition of the KPU calendar for further information and entrance requirements for Selective Entry programs.
Applicants who do not meet one of the above language proficiency results will be considered for full-time studies in English Language Studies program. Please contact KPU for the requirements to be eligible for ELST.
To learn more about the application process, or get started visit http://www.kpu.ca/admission.
Please visit http://www.kpu.ca/international or contact the Office of International for the application deadlines of specific programs.
The international admissions application form, an official transcript of your academic records(s) in envelopes(s) sealed by the issuing schools(s) and authorized translations (if the transcripts are not in English), and English language proficiency results must be provided. The $120.00 application fee in Canadian funds (Visa, MasterCard, or bank draft) must also be provided. A copy of your passport or a copy of your student authorization if the student currently has one must be submitted. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.